Sword of the Wolf Forum Index

Sword of the Wolf Forum Index » Public Forum» How Shifter should be Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Vege
Private

Le grand input from me.

T1- shifter, rock out, it was great. I used to be the assassin with the sniper rifle, and it was one of the most fun times a game ever had.

T2- okay, I don't really know why all you folks out there have "I hate Tribes 2" tattoo'd on your arm, was I the only guy that loved it? I only got one of those UE's once in my entire time of playing, and those mods went out of control, but there was nothing better than just watching people get steamed over one skilled light lancer defending his generator.

Shifter: Morph pack, not to keen on it, it was one of those "I have the flag, and a morph pack, it's a guaranteed cap" sort of things.

More weapons? A definite, what they have now is just rediculous, although that grappler is one of the most fun 'weapons' that has ever been. Could use some more energy based weapons. As for mortars, I think the mortar masters have spoken, and since I was never much of a tank-ass in these games, I'll just vouch for their authority on the subject. Is there any possible way for us to get my beloved shocklance back? That thing was my bread and butter, and I?ll tell you what, that energy blade isn?t working out for me. As cool as it looks, the ?reach out and shock the living crap out of someone? factor is just gone and replaced with a Tribes where we have to rationalize skiing with ?Frictionless boots,? while it looks like our tribesman is sliding down a hill while in the ?taking a crap? position.

Just throwing this out there for anyone with the know-how or connections- The inventory system, definite downgrade in this game. Why did they have to go and ruin a beautiful thing that was great in Tribes 2. Nobody ever complained about it, it worked, and it wasn?t geared towards 5-year olds who need to see the pictorial version of an invo. I wish I could just set it beforehand, as I?m running up to the invo, and just run over it and have my stuff, like it used to be. Not sit there and fumble with my shift key to find which one was the ?spiderman? setup (With a grappling hook, oh yea.) while there?s a half-mile backup of mediums in oversized jetpacks waiting to use the thing.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:09 am Reply with quote
B4il3y
Sergeant

if i could get the same feel with this shifter as i did with T1 Shifter...i'd start playing again tonight. one pack that i feel you need is the rocket pack for the jugg, dread and goliath (don't get that much ammo with the goliath but it's still fun to double lock with a medium armor). i'd love to have dread/jugg MDM wars again (LeGun/Gunny/TheGunSlinger, was my MDM bish!)

as for removing the merc boost...do it and you'll kill the mod for people like me. i had a scout capper, but i hardly ever used it (didn't have all the scripts to make it work right ). when i was with UFR and they let me get away from my Jugg for a bit and let me cap, i was a merc capper. Merc: Chaingun, Plasma, Disc, Rocket Launcher, Ammo pack or the Stealth Shield and there weren't many that could stop me...i used the same thing in BD (old school clans that only a limited few will know )

and for the jugg...the only thing it needs: 3 weapons and a rocket pack. Mortar, Rocket Launcher, beacon for charging, no mines or 'nades and it's heavy weapon: Nuke, Heavy Plasma Cannon, if you still want the Laser Cannon (i never liked it) and then if you don't gay it up, maybe a God Hammer Cannon. make the sheilds come on as soon as you take a little damage so that mortar jumping can be made possible.

well i guess i have went on long enough so i will go to bed, and think of more stuff later

and by the way...if you want to find someone that owned you on more than 500 occations...look no further than to me...BAM BISH!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:25 am Reply with quote
RushN
Private

BD= Black Dragons
UFR= Ultra Force Raiders

I guess Im in the "limited few" list

i dont know if u remember me bailey

Last edited by RushN on Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

tell em bout teh time ufr fell down the hole... twice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote
B4il3y
Sergeant

yeah i remember you rushn...can't quite remember which clans you were in...but i know i was in a few matches against you...i think one was on blastside 2 or whatever that map was called. 2 bases way the hell up in the air, flag on the right side of the base and a long bridge down the middle that connected the 2 bases.

lol, uh oh Lswa (it was joe wasn't it?) fell down thee hole...
maybe it was Nilla Wafer...lol i can't remember who it was but i was laughing so hard...it really gave me nothing to do because i was there to destroy y'all's defense, and i think y'all had everyone either trying to get the flag, or bitch about getting the flag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Stigmartyr
Private

RE: morph-pack / I should add that inherent in the engine is that you cannot get in a vehicle at all carrying a flag. Hence if you hvae the flag your pack wont start.

I have always liked the idea of a little painful reminder by having the pack explode if its attempted. hehe

Chemlaptop was designed to allow you to see enemy team chat.. that was the whole point. But the permanent hacking was a bad deal for n00bs...

I did like the engineer repair gun hacking though...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

morph is a deal breaker. there are already pods... and presumably some variant of the shrike... and all those other neat packs of shifter. the morph is just pure gayness cubed... competitive players do not go for inspector gadget type stuff. oh look, with no skill whatsoever i will cross the map faster than the best skiiers in the game.

we cannot ignore that the chem laptop had 2 uses. hacking, and viewing team chat. however, viewing the other team's chat is and always was absolutely pointless... i have never known anyone to do it, or gain a thing from it. so we are left with hacking as the only thing the chem laptop was ever used for in actual play.

maybe hold off on the hacking. keep it simple and it will be good. go ghey too quickly and it will not.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:04 am Reply with quote
DeVaStaTor
Gunnery Sergeant

lol rushn, I just asked him if he was the same bailey from BD =) And now i see this thread.....vgo....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:52 am Reply with quote
RushN
Private

lol dev. OF COURSE he's the same Bailey!! Its unlikely that 2 dudes named Bailey even played shifter(let alone both of em spell it this way "B4il3y")

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:48 am Reply with quote
LeGun
Staff Sergeant

Stupid lagtacular USF match. When ever I got close to that flag the game would go to holy hell. btw, I was the best MDMer out there.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
B4il3y
Sergeant

another thing i'd like to see is the intercepter pack for the scout. i remember i'd just hit that on my favorites, throw down an intercepter and chase people all around the map to get my flag back...never worked that much in matches but the hellfire module for the intercepter was great because it was like a HPC from the sky (pissed everyone off when i used it too in match...hmmm) and maybe make a "rocket/missle" pack for the intercepter that has a lock on possibility.

yes i am the same Bailey/B4il3y from BD. Also in: DC, KAOS, KLU, WW, UFR, DD, SW, Inq, BD, FL, and DgD. i might have missed some but i can't remember that much

also Gunny...i remember someone that kicked your ass many times with an MDM after they left WW and just before they joined UFR...i also remember you tried to get that person to join SOW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Stigmartyr
Private

Ok scratch the morph (flight) pack then, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quote
ZeR0
Private

hurry up and make this already. i want it to get old so that all people do is GD and stim snipe the noobs to death.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:59 am Reply with quote
B4il3y
Sergeant

actually you can have a "flight" pack but make it for the chem and the scout only. in T1 shifter the chem and scout were the only armors able to have the flight pack which was just a super energy pack. great for sniping with the laser rifle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote
|CO|Kapeket
Private

Ren will be the choice.

Reason being is a GROUP of people are working on it, not a myopic modder who has his own opinion be the final one.

Trust me, we have every intent of staying in base to play against the bigboys but will also play Ren and 2845.

Whatever happens, we have to assume that Shifter being created by Terrox will not hold a candle to Renegades and its community.

We even fired up a Shifter X server for some friends and intend on putzing around a bit.

Always good to play T1 in some form or fashion.