Sword of the Wolf Forum Index

Sword of the Wolf Forum Index » Public Forum» Stuff about BF2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Som-Of-Deez
Private

Stop by our server sometime.. if it is full just hit me up on xfire and I will make room.

We also have two POE servers, a CS:Source server(even though I hate the game), a pirates server.... and who knows what else.. lol.. Just type in XMN and they will come up.

xfire: somofdeez

Last edited by Som-Of-Deez on Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

UFC Member - <a href='http://www.unitedfounderscoalition.com' target='_blank'>http://www.unitedfounderscoalition.com</a>
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

QUOTE (Som-Of-Deez @ Apr 8 2005, 02:39 PM)
Just out of curiosity... Have you been following BF2 closely.. i.e. watching all the videos ( not just the ones EA released, which are all in game footage) reading articles etc..? One thing I have noticed is there was no where near this much information on BFV before it was released. I don't remember many in game clips coming out before the BFV was launched either.. So I guess that is why I have my hopes up about BF2.. I have seen too much to make myself believe it will be another BFV or Secret Weapons...

And about balance issues.. I will say that in a lot of EA interviews this seems to be the focus.. EA says that this was one of their major goals.. called it the paper, rock, scissors philosophy.. (or something to that effect)

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the last thing the original BF42 team worked on before BF2 was the Road to Rome expansion pack.. I do know they have been working on BF2 for a loooooong time.

Games are seldom, if ever, played the way the developer "intends" them to be played... so what you see in EA released video's is simply EA's intent... and we just established that a develper's intent seldom means anything. Not until there's a demo which gamers, specifically competitive gamers, can test out, will we see what BF2 really plays like.

Balance is another issue with EA. It means different things to different groups. To the pubber, balance is less of an issue because increased numbers of players have a way of negating imbalance issues. In short, a helo isn't so bad if you have 20 guys shooting at it. However, balance is more noticable to the competitive gamer... obviously because we have less man power to deal with game imbalances.

Unless EA has reversed its position of a year or so ago, then I don't see our game being balanced at all. 1942 isn't balanced... it's the most balanced of the bf series, but it's still not as balanced as it could be. planes > all. Same thing with dc and bfv... only more so.

EA came right out and said they have no interest in the Battlefield competitive community... at quakecon or some similar gamer's event... nor were they going to generate an interest in the competitive community. They basically gave us all a big F.U. The Battlefield series, to EA, is like the Sims... it's purely for the horde.

Pubbers will rejoice, no doubt, but it's also very possible competive gamers will be again dissapointed? I know I couldn't take bf:v after only a few hours of play.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Som-Of-Deez
Private

Thank god for Mods

I realize that the game is not going to be aimed at competitive play.. EA is here to make money like most companies. I just hope BF2 is a little more balanced then all the rest. I love competing but I also enjoy the pubbing aspect of the game as well. I guess all we can do now is cross our fingers and hope that we get a decent game out of the box.

UFC Member - <a href='http://www.unitedfounderscoalition.com' target='_blank'>http://www.unitedfounderscoalition.com</a>
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
ToadLurker
Sergeant

all i hope is that they achieve an experience system similar to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, (looking good so far) without allowing exp whores to hurt their own teamates and heal them just to get points.

oh, and i'll most likely specialize as medic. in Wolfenstein: ET, i'm always the top ranked and yet I don't injure my teamates and heal them!

Last edited by ToadLurker on Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total