Sword of the Wolf Forum Index

Sword of the Wolf Forum Index » Public Forum» Hump
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
TheDireAvenger
Staff Sergeant

Ok, yes I know that BJ Ryan is a good free agent closer to pick up. But the fact that the Blue Jays are paying him $47 million (US) for 5 years is just BAD! Tell your crazy GM to start thinking sensibly!!! He's a closer with only 1 year experience and no playoff experience... not to mention he'll drive up everyone else's prices!!!

Also, now where are the Blue Jays gonna find the money to get the other stuff that they really need???

More proof that baseball needs a salary cap.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Visit my Wall of Fame, a constantly growing accomplishment! </span></span></span><a href='http://thedireavenger.250free.com/SOWBFVKnifeKills.jpg' target='_blank'>Wall of Fame</a>
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quote
Hump
Colonel

We have another 35 million to spend... we are trying to get Burnet snd Giles too. I hear Wagner agreed to a 4 year 43 million dollar deal to close. That is more per year then BJ.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:33 am Reply with quote
TheDireAvenger
Staff Sergeant

Yeah... but Wagner is proven.

And holy crap, how much are the Jays willing to spend on their payroll then??? And don't they have a few more minor holes besides needing a bat and a pitcher?

I guess I'm just a bit surprised.... but then again I'm not a Jays fan so maybe I don't know what to expect, especially since my team is on a $55 million or less budget... lol.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Visit my Wall of Fame, a constantly growing accomplishment! </span></span></span><a href='http://thedireavenger.250free.com/SOWBFVKnifeKills.jpg' target='_blank'>Wall of Fame</a>
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:33 am Reply with quote
Hump
Colonel

Jays jumped their payrol from 48 Million to almost 80 this year. Jays are solid, they just need a big bat and a nuber 2 starter to Haliday.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:24 am Reply with quote
Grimfortune
Private

Hockey > baseball..

I don't know anyone who likes the Jays...