Sword of the Wolf Forum Index

Sword of the Wolf Forum Index » Public Forum» EA petition
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:34 am Reply with quote
Grimfortune
Private

For those who beleive that quality owns quantity. Sign the expansions/addons will not be bought until the original game is fixed petition!
EA Petition

Last edited by Grimfortune on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:36 am Reply with quote
Legion53
Private

I have also been upset at the way EA is become a money hungry company and puts quantity over quality. Shame on them.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:53 am Reply with quote
SixgunJesus
Private First Class

They do it because they can. Honestly I think that EA makes up 25% of the gaming market and that is a ridiculous chunk. So basically EA makes all these games and do you think they actually care if they are made perfect or not? They know that people will keep buying these games as long as they are hyped up. I don't know, I like Special Forces (Don't really play it) and am going to purchase the 2 booster packs. I wish that they would fix the game but it's not going to happen. 1942 was lucky as they got 6 main patches. Even though the game was still plagued with problems. Anyways I am saying that EA probably doesn't care. I will sign it though because there is always a chance right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
cpa
Corporal

signed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote
LeHasardeur
Captain

The gaming community has been too commercialized by EA and their business practice. This petition regards the new "booster packs", new content for the online game Battlefield 2, where a payment is required in order for the new content to be obtained. It has never been a custom of game developers and game publishers to demand such fees for content that should be free of charge.

What's next, payment for the individual updates?

Meh ... I dunno. There are much more important things to worry about than this issue. I don't think this is an unfair offer. 10 bucks for some new content ... what you expect ? They put work in, they want money for it, thats how it works, and 10 bucks is not much, compared to what people pay for other shit like ringtones and what not.

There are all tools available for the community to make maps and mods, but obviously it can't or doesn't want to make maps, that can keep up with the original BF2 quality. So it seems justified that professionals who put their skills and time in, get paid for it. Of course it would be cooler if it all would be open source and for free, but everyone knew from the neginning when he bought the game, that EA is not open source and a 100% profit orientated company. If you compare the BF series to other games, like e.g. Tribes Vengeance, one can't really complain about the support and quality of the game. Expecting that this profit orientated company gives you tons additional content for free, is a bit navie imho.

Last edited by LeHasardeur on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote
MacLean
Corporal

done

"One nation, under Canada, above Mexico."
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Grimfortune
Private

Im signing it because they put making "new maps" and other stuff before fixing the original game.. If they fixed it they would get more money when they sell their expansions.. I know alot of people who didn't get the expansions just because they thought they didnt deserve the money..

Thats me anyway.. I just put this topic up for people who would be interested in signing this and maybe getting something done about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote
cpa
Corporal

i'm not as much upset about the cost of expansions as i am of the endless patching, modding, and switching games. we went from BF42 to BF Road to Rome to BFpro to BF vietnam to BF2, each with a bunch of updates. meanwhile people are still playing CS. it seems just when you learn and get good at something, EA has to patch it or put out a new game so the entire community splits.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
LeHasardeur
Captain

Hmm ... but the petition doesn't say anything about "fixes first" (like GrimFortune wants) or "no more changes" (like cpa wants). It just says, they don't want to pay for stuff, which should be free according to their opinion.

Always read before you sign something !

The gaming community has been too commercialized by EA and their business practice. This petition regards the new "booster packs", new content for the online game Battlefield 2, where a payment is required in order for the new content to be obtained. It has never been a custom of game developers and game publishers to demand such fees for content that should be free of charge.

What's next, payment for the individual updates?

Last edited by LeHasardeur on Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quote
BladeNY
1st Lieutenant

Great push them and they will give you all the maps you want for free....but in exchance they will make the game pay to play.....still cheaper to buy the addon than to have to pay a monthly fee on top of purchasing the game. Sorry WOW guys but I will not pay to play something that I already paid for

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote
Grimfortune
Private

They cant make it pay to play.. If they do im going suicide bombing..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

QUOTE (Grimfortune @ Jan 16 2006, 09:12 PM)
They cant make it pay to play.. If they do im going suicide bombing..

why can't they?

stat logging and awarding unlocks, all done via their servers, is ea's first step on the way to pay-to-play.... first they get u hooked. look around, most issues on bf2 pub forums deal with stats or unlocks... little do they care about balance. they're junkies.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote
BladeNY
1st Lieutenant

Hello everyone.

By now, you have all seen the list of fixes in the next update (1.2). We are still trying to nail down a few final items and put the final touches in place.

Here is a list of additional items to look for in version 1.2:

- UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it.
- Rank progression is no longer limited to the enlisted ranks. All officer ranks are now available.
- Bug that allowed players in vehicles to contest a flag from outside the flag radius is now fixed.

I?d also like to take this opportunity to clarify some confusion stemming from our updates.

The first item is on the topic of grenades. Player will still be able to toss grenades while jumping. Although the ability to fire while jumping has been removed, players will still be able to initiate a grenade toss prior to jumping and follow through with the toss, thereby gaining themselves some extra distance. We understand that there will be some adjustment in tactics required when the patch comes out but we are confident that the community will quickly come to grips with the new tactics.

The second item is on the topic of the booster packs. We have not created the maps as a separate expansion pack requiring a separate server. The booster packs will increase the content of the base game and thereby may be run on a server in regular rotation with the original maps.

Hope that clears up some of questions you?ve all been asking.

The Battlefield Team

Last edited by BladeNY on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:29 pm Reply with quote
DeVaStaTor
Gunnery Sergeant

I wont pay to play either....if that happened I would stop playing BF2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:10 am Reply with quote
Sharks2th
Private

That's why I haven't bought WOW.

Sword of the Wolf Forum Index » Public Forum » EA petition