Sword of the Wolf Forum Index

Sword of the Wolf Forum Index » Public Forum» It's always good to hear.... Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

QUOTE (ragingbillsow @ Jul 27 2005, 05:35 PM)
i am a democrate but really cant stand hitlery

this next time will be first time ever for me to vote
im pretty excited !!! i was a felon at 18 and kansas just changed the law
if it has been more than 3 years after completing sentence you can vote

so now i have to shut up and pay more attention instead of just bitchin cause i couldnt vote but yes voteing is a priviledge most take for granted

eh bill... i wasn't getting on your case... sorry if it sounded like i was... was not my intent at all.

i was just generalizing.

congrats on the voting though!! bravo!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

QUOTE (LeHasardeur @ Jul 27 2005, 05:51 PM)
while its no problem to buy a submachinegun, join a known Nazi organization and run through the woods with SS-uniforms.

yeah... that's always seemed pretty weird to me too. 100% accurate... but still very bizaar. i wonder if hillary will plan to spend another 90 million trying to figure out if automatic weapons + hate groups may be related to teen violence?

doubt it... that cause is a vote loser.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote
cpa
Corporal

lol fumi, love the avitar. did you save any of the other ones of zorkk?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:24 am Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

lol, i might.... lemme dig through the cd's when i get home.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:26 pm Reply with quote
outrigger
Sergeant

I'm with you fumi....

its not just about the violence lehas.....the U.S. legislature is a joke. they posture and stance to try and appear to care about what the people want in regards to big issues like taxation, abortion, environmental issues, foreign policy ect. However, in all reality they bend and break to the temptation of the almighty dollar, dangled before thier eyes by activists groups. They create bills and other would-be laws that would likely make a great difference for the better, then allow them to be tangled up in commitees, research, and other debates where they wither and die. All in hopes of "looking" good for trying.

then something as silly as a video game goes right through to law.

Here in Texas, our legislature passed a law that literally says, "High school cheerleaders are not allowed to dance with sexual implied motions, while performing"

what a freaking joke...there is no specific distinction as to what is sexual motion and thus they spent weeks in debate and commitee over a bill that will mean nothing. Then they proceeded to give themselves a 17% raise, and all the while there is no public education funding provision installed as of today. Schools are supposed to start in 3 weeks and if a spending bill is not passed then no school opens...but by jove they got the important stuff together.

The problem is voter apathy. On average only about half of Americans even register to vote. Of those who are eligible, some studies say as few as 30% of the registered voters will go vote. So aproximately 15-20% of Americans even vote. Its quite sad really.

If you want to see where we are headed, go find some high school students....ask them questions about who our pres, vice pres, secretary of defense, govenor, reps, senators are. How long can a pres be in office, or a senator ect. Ask them any questions you can think of about government, foreign gov, or foreign policy. Its SCARY. we are raising a generation of morons on average. Sure there is the group who are on the ball and know whats up...but that number is shrinking.

state senator : steve ogden
state rep : lois kolkhurst

US rep: kevin brady
US senate: kay baily hutchinson, john cornyn

I have been working on writing kolkhurst and ripping her for giving herself a raise, but i decided to wait because she'll be in town after the special session is over and I know she'll come by the restaurant....i'll rip her then!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:20 am Reply with quote
DeVaStaTor
Gunnery Sergeant

I always point out tits to my son......but he just thinks it's funny right now! In a year or 2 he'll start puckerin like the rest of us

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
HawkFyre
Private

Hey look its people looking to blaim bad parenting on video games again gosh what a shocker.

#1 in order to unlock the "hot coffee" sex game in it you either need the PC version or a PS2 with a Action Replay (newest version) you must then either download the modification for the PC version or specificly program the action replay. So this means your not gonna stumble upon it.

#2 the game wasnt made for kids, I own a copy I got it the day it came out, within the first 5 minutes I realized it was heads and tails worse then Vice City in language and content.

But guess what you need to be (in the perfect world) 17+ to buy it in the first place and now that it's been pushed to AO you need to be what 21 in the US? not sure what the age for AO down there is.

When I was a kid there is NO way my parents would of let me have a game like this. I dont understand why parents will buy video games for their kids without realizing whats in the game.

Friend of mine owns a local EB games here and she goes OUT of her way to make sure parents know about that game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

i guess for an encore ole granny is gonna buy little johnnie a bottle of jack daniels, then give him the keys to her car... and sue someone when the drunk sob plows into something.