Sword of the Wolf Forum Index

Sword of the Wolf Forum Index » Public Forum» T1 Shifter saying wsupz to SOW Goto page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote
Shifter on the Net
Private

Hey guys, just a representitive of Shifter on the Net saying whats up.
We're starting a new summer tournament and league, and we're hoping that it's the best ever.

We'd really appreciate Sword of the Wolf's support as we know alot of you guys are as oldschool as it gets.
If you guys are interested at all please stop by our forums for a hello, registration takes 5 seconds and you'll be sure to see some old faces :)

http://shifter.planetubh.com/forums/portal.php

Hopefully you guys stop by for a visit :wub:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote
Little_C
Sergeant

if SOW isnt interested... i sure as hell am!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Shifter on the Net
Private

werd home dawg!

we have mix scrims every night on the hungry hippoes server, starting around 9-10 and going till midnight

if you need scripts or anything of the sort just ask on the forums
people will be more than happy to oblige
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote
LeHasardeur
Captain

That indeed sounds interesting, I'm still looking for some more info which I also can't find on your website. Something like a "Shifter on the Net v2.0 FAQ" would very be helpful.

- where to DL T1 nowadays
- what patches are needed, where to get them
- are there client files needed/recommended. If yes, where to get them.
- what is "Shifter on the Net v2.0" based on ? Is it the old Shifter known from T1 just fine tuned ? Is it completey new ? Who developed it, and what is their relationship to the original Shifter ? What new features/content ? Is Emo1313 still involved ? ... etc ...
- what about competition ? I see some subforums on your site, but "currently unavailable". So whats the schedule on that ? Whats the format ?

Questions, questions, questions ... Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Shifter on the Net
Private

LeHasardeur wrote:

hello thar

hello thar to u 2

- where to DL T1 nowadays

www.nerdsauce.com
- what patches are needed, where to get them

you need to update to 1.11 (the final dynamix patch) and get lasthope v1.30 as well, a community based anti cheat patch, all can be found on nerdsauce.com
- are there client files needed/recommended. If yes, where to get them.

for shifter gameplay the basics i would recommend would be , presto pack, newopts, greydrop, throwcontrol and ski
most of that can be found on the shifter on the net downloads section
if the links are broken, just start a thread on the forums, im sure people will be glad to help you setup your config, or even send you their own if need be
- what is "Shifter on the Net v2.0" based on ? Is it the old Shifter known from T1 just fine tuned ? Is it completey new ? Who developed it, and what is their relationship to the original Shifter ? What new features/content ? Is Emo1313 still involved ? ... etc ...

Shifter on the Net is just another exstention of shifter leagues of the past, think sba, ogl, tsl. We had a revival back in the summer of 03 using the SotN setup, because this is the 2nd time using it we added v2.0 to the title, it has nothing to do with gameplay, dont worry Very Happy
Basically shifter today is alot more fine tuned as you put it, faster gameplay, smaller teams, more individual and team skill are most definately needed. It's not completely new though, you'll find alot the same, but alot different as well. Sadly Emo hasn't been involved with shifter for the better part of 5 years I'd say =/

- what about competition ? I see some subforums on your site, but "currently unavailable". So whats the schedule on that ? Whats the format ?

The league just started hence the forums are closed for a bit while everyone gets their rosters together. The format will probablly be forum challanges for a season leading to a playoff period. It should be fun if we get enough teams going.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask on the sotn forums, you'll be sure to get answers Smile

Have a good one!

Last edited by Shifter on the Net on Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
LeHasardeur
Captain

Thank you very much for your long and fast response. That gave me a lot of insight and I'm feeling tempted to play some. Smile

Just one more little question here: how many guys are needed for a team, i.e. what format is being played 5v5, 8v8, 12v12, something else ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Shifter on the Net
Private

Smile its np

I'm in no way the ladder admin (Skullsta) so i really can't give you a definate answer on the team sizes.

Lately our mix scrims have been 4v4-5v5, ideally we'd like to get up to 8v8. But I'm thinking that 5v5 might be just as fun.

So 5v5 might be the safest bet for now.

I hope you guys do play, we're have mix scrims every night from around 9:30-12:30 on the Hungry Hippoes server, so stop by sometime. Even if you've just installed the game, at least you'll get a first hand look at whats happening, and how the community is these days.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
LeHasardeur
Captain

Thx again. I find it very interesting, now we have to see how many of our guys would be interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Shifter on the Net
Private

werd :D

i hope you guys get a team together, thatd be awesome >Very Happy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:44 am Reply with quote
BladeNY
1st Lieutenant

Is greydrop allowed in competition? Just wondering since if everyone else is using it we had better

Last edited by BladeNY on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote
Shifter on the Net
Private

not only is it needed but it totally sets the pace of the game

if you guys want demos of current shifter match play from 1v1 - 5v5 i think i can dig up a few from the last few days.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quote
Shifter on the Net
Private

This is $$kull$$ta speaking now, the forum administrator and I'm glad to see you guys interested in coming into T1 Shifter :rolleyes: . The league when it starts up will pretty much be based on however the members of the clans request in match setup starting from 4v4 and up. During Playoffs it will be a set number but that's quite a distance away. If you guys need anything - more information/help/a new friend come visit us

http://www.shifter.planetubh.com/forums

or hit me up on AIM : T1 Skullsta
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote
BladeNY
1st Lieutenant

How do you install patches in XP? This is a reason I stopped playing tribes was b/c I could never install the patches

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
LeHasardeur
Captain

BladeNY wrote:

How do you install patches in XP? This is a reason I stopped playing tribes was b/c I could never install the patches

Was that only on your 64 Bit WinXP or also on the normal 32 Bit ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:24 am Reply with quote
DeVaStaTor
Gunnery Sergeant

LOL......is this skullsta?
Is gateway involved in this new league in any way? I am kinda curious to know who is involved before I would ever start playing again...