Sword of the Wolf Forum Index

Sword of the Wolf Forum Index » Public Forum» Hey now, SOW :)
Hey now, SOW :)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quote
Lex
Private

To think a spammer actually did something nice for a change... I got a few PMs here from someone who is looking for, of all things, a forum spam bot.

Great to see the forum again, even better to see some old friends once again, it's been a long time !!!

I'm playing BF3, my callsign is axel31415927 in case anyone else is. BF3 is pretty sweet, they've basically made teamwork mandatory (like T2 and our favourite mods tried to do) they decentralized the command and control (much like T2) and there are even some basic deployables (not nearly anything as amazing as T2 deployables though, but a start).

The new Tribes game has disappointed me so far, and I have a feeling you can imagine why... no mods will be possible. That, and the graphics look barely better than T2 compared to BF3 on my new quad core 16 gig ram (!) Geforce 580 rig.

Sadly, no mods for BF3 either, not now anyway... maybe not ever.

I try to keep my RevMod2 T2 server up using Tribes Next -- http://www.tribesnext.com mostly for nostalgia. We had some great times back in the day, even with all the troubles T2 experienced.

Last edited by Lex on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Rev Mod player guide Smile
http://totalk.ca/rev.pg2/
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

Wow... really nice to hear from you Lex. You have been missed. How are you?

My BF3 name is Fumzz, Have they dealt with the Masskill hack yet? I think I stopped playing after one guy repair tooled me 5 times in a row while I was contesting a mid point... and he was standing in his base. Rolling Eyes That must have been at least 2 months ago.

Tribes name is Fumz, if you ever fire it up add me. Yeah the graphics suck, but it's only dx9 on the beta, 10 and 11 will be in the release.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
LeHasardeur
Captain

Yo, hey Lex!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 am Reply with quote
Lex
Private

Fumi ! LeHas ! Great to see you guys !!!

Buckets of BF3 fixes are coming soon... not familiar with what you mentioned but here is the list so far
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654779195992365/2/

Too bad the "reality" games are where it's at these days... I long for more of the sci-fi style of Tribes, nothing like a good ol' plasma gun Razz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

Yeah, I read where they pumped out a long list of fixes "to be coming"... only after being threatened with the blackout. Rolling Eyes Not on the list of fixes is Masskill. It's going to be virtually impossible to get rid of it as long as the game is client side. It's been reported on for more than 4 months now... but since it's really game crushing, EA has been trying their best to keep it hush hush. Certain words just have a way of making threads disappear.

Like I said, being repair tooled 5x in a row was enough for me... that was after an entire week went by and I hadn't found a single game where I wasn't C4'd or pistoled from some guy 2 flags back. Now that guys are being smarter (read: not as blatant), it just... well, here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ISi-YiqN8

So it's confirmed, no modding T:A?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote
Lex
Private

Fumigator wrote:
Yeah, I read where they pumped out a long list of fixes "to be coming"... only after being threatened with the blackout. Rolling Eyes Not on the list of fixes is Masskill. It's going to be virtually impossible to get rid of it as long as the game is client side. It's been reported on for more than 4 months now... but since it's really game crushing, EA has been trying their best to keep it hush hush. Certain words just have a way of making threads disappear.

Like I said, being repair tooled 5x in a row was enough for me... that was after an entire week went by and I hadn't found a single game where I wasn't C4'd or pistoled from some guy 2 flags back. Now that guys are being smarter (read: not as blatant), it just... well, here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ISi-YiqN8

So it's confirmed, no modding T:A?

I don't think you'll find anything about server-side mods for the new Tribes game, cuz as I understand it, their business model means there can only be servers owned by them.

BF3 mods, or at least mod hacks, seem more likely as they are letting the general public run their own servers.

Though to be honest, I am now in my 40s and barely have time to play these games let alone research them Razz I am shocked to hear about Masskill, I've been playing BF3 for months and I haven't felt I was being aimbot-killed any highly unusual amount of times in any particular match... though I'd agree that something like this would positively ruin the clan match experience.

Added you in BF3 Fumi, you have 10x my stats !!! and you're not even playing anymore ??? Shocked I shouldn't be too surprised, my memory isn't shot yet Razz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

Lex wrote:
... Though to be honest, I am now in my 40s and barely have time to play these games let alone research them Razz
lol, right there with ya buddy. Time flies. Sometimes T2 seems like just yesterday; at others, it's like an eternity.

Council (you may remember him as Little C?) and LeHas were just schooling me on Free2Play... I still don't get the logic behind it? It's not like you need to spend time convincing Tribes players to play Tribes. The thing I really dislike about TA are all the machine guns. I think the Devs are trying to appeal to a wider audience by mixing two radically different game types together and in the process coming up short on both counts: it's not Tribes and it's not Battlefield/CoD.

TA is going to have private servers. How they'll implement this I don't know, but my guess is that it's not going to be too different than the way EA is currently doing things. They'll let the public pay for servers, and that gives them the right to kick people, but that's about as far as it goes.

Not sure why, but all of a sudden I just flashed on T1 and the curse... lol, do you remember that? If an admin put the curse on you all of a sudden you were wrapped in a big potato. That was a classic way to deal with asshats. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:15 am Reply with quote
Little_C
Sergeant

"Fumi was given one for being one"

pretty sure it was a dick, not a potato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote
Fumigator
Lieutenant General

Laughing